How To Get Rid Of A Musty Smell In A Washing Machine
Over time, many housewives begin to notice that an unpleasant musty smell appeared in the washing machine in Austin. In some cases, even just-built things can smell of musty smell. And if you also encountered this problem, we offer you some simple, but effective ways to solve this problem. You can order Austin washing machine repair.
Unpleasant smell from the washing machine: how to get rid of it
The smell can come not only from the washing machine itself, but also from the laundry that was washed in it. But this happens already in advanced cases. There is only one way out of this situation - rinse the laundry manually with the addition of air conditioning.
Now go to the washing machine. After all, there can be many reasons for the appearance of unpleasant odors.
1. The most common reason is a tightly closed hatch. In no case should this be done. After all, the washing machine needs time to allow the moisture to evaporate.
2. Wipe the rubber cuff regularly after washing. Indeed, in its folds there may be water and small debris, from which an unpleasant smell is formed during the process of decay. It can also lead to mold. If it has time to grow deeper into the rubber, then the cuff will have to be changed. Getting rid of surface mildew is much easier. It is enough to rinse it with dishwashing detergent.
3. No need to put dirty clothes in the washer and store it there. The thing is that the washing machine has high humidity. Especially if after washing you did not dry it properly. And if you put more dirty linen in there, you get a great environment for the reproduction of microbes and mold. Therefore, for these purposes, it is worth purchasing a special laundry basket. It does not take up much space, but it will help you avoid the problem.
4. The cause of the odor may be hidden in the powder. He "sticks" on the walls of the machine. And after a while, it starts to make itself felt with an unpleasant aroma.
5. Ensure that the tray is always clean. To do this, pull it out at least once a month and rinse with warm water under the tap.
6. A clogged drain filter can also cause odor. The wad in the filter settles all the debris - threads, fibers and even buttons with coins. After a while, all this begins to rot, forming unpleasant odors. To avoid this, it is necessary to clean the filter every 6 months. Otherwise, it may become clogged and block the drainage of water.
7. Some water may remain in the machine. And it very quickly begins to deteriorate (especially if the hatch of the washing machine is tightly closed). The reason in most cases is the incorrect connection of the machine to the sewer. And if before that you had no such problems, most likely the problem is in the pump.
8. An old drain hose can also cause an unpleasant odor. On its inner walls, over time, the remnants of powder and debris begin to stick, which eventually begin to rot. Set the washing mode to the highest possible temperature and “drive” it without laundry. If the odor is still present after the wash cycle, the hose will have to be replaced with a new one.